Botanical Name: Cycus Revolta
Seeds’ count/Kg : 100 to 120 pieces
Viability: 36 months
Germination Percentage: 80 to 85%
Harvesting Time: April to July
Cycus Revolta is commonly known as king sago, sago palm, male cycad, japanese sago palm etc. It is most beautiful and attractive palm. The leaves of the palm looks amazing. In natural habitat the palm reaches upto 3 meters of height. The long leaves are enormous in maturity. It is grown throughout the tropics and subtropics under favourable warm climates. Cycad palms are easy to grow in the right environment as they are adaptable to a wide range of soils. The seeds are orange-red in colour and very hard to break.
The seeds are of various sizes and orange red in colour. Seeds are dried in shade and not in direct sunlight. Seeds are free from pests and fungus.
- Soak the seeds in water for atleast 48 hours.
- Then place the seeds on bed, made of either soil or sand.
- Cover the seeds with same medium.
- Water on it frequently to get it moist.
- Usually it takes 35 to 60 days to germinate.