Botanical Name: Cyrtostachys Renda
Viability: 8 months
Germination Percentage: 85 to 90%
Harvesting Time: February to March
Red Lipistic palm is commonly known as Red areca or wax palm. It is native to Thailand, Malaysia, Sumatra and Indonesia. It has become a popular ornamental plant for its bright red crownshafts and leaf sheaths. It is exported to many tropical regions around the world.
Seeds are blakish red in colour and small in size.
- Soak the seeds in water for atleast 48 hours.
- Then place the seeds on bed, made of either soil or sand. Add 30% compost on medium.
- Cover the seeds with same medium.
- Water on it frequently to get it moist.
- Usually it takes 70 to 90 days to germinate. Even more time needed depending on climate or temperature.