Botanical Name: Wodyetia Bifurcata
Germination Percentage: 90 to 95%
Viability: 1 year
Harvesting Time: All round the year
Foxtail palm is a very beautiful ornamental palm and most popular among palm varities. It is one of the most demanding palm plants. It reaches upto 3 to 8 meters height. the leaves are bushy like a tail of fox. The fruits are red in colour when ripen. But the seeds are black in colour. The seeds are approx 2 inches long like arecanut.
The trunk of the palm is similiar like King Palm, smooth, thin, and self-cleaning. The crownshaft of the plant is light to bright green. In short, it has become widely distributed across the world, being progressively planted out as one of the world’s most popular palms.
- Soak the seeds in water for atleast 48 hours in clean water.
- Then place the seeds directly on grow bag filled with soil. It should be placed horizantally.
- Cover the seeds with soil. ant water it.
- Keep the bags on semi shade area.
- It takes approximately 20 to 30 days to germinate.