Botanical Name: Ptychosperma Macarthurii
Seeds’ count/Kg : 4500 to 5000 pieces
Viability: 16 months
Germination Percentage: 85 to 90%
Harvesting Time: March to June
Macarthurii palm belongs to the family of Arecaceae. It looks amazing for its bushy green leaves. It is most popular ornamental plant having great popularity in foreign countries. The species has been widely planted in tropical areas and is commonly grown as indoor plants.
Seeds are faded brown having same size like areca seeds but light weighted. In younger section the plants look green but as it gets matured it becomes yellowish green.
- Soak the seeds in water for atleast 24 hours.
- Then place the seeds on bed, made of either soil or sand.
- Cover the seeds with same medium.
- Water on it frequently to get it moist.
- Usually it takes 25 to 35 days to germinate.