Botanical Name: Royastonea Regia
Seeds’ count/Kg: 6500 pieces approx
Germination percentage: 90 to 95%
Viability: 1 year
Harvesting time: All round the year
Royal palm is commonly known as Cuban royal palm. It is most famous as ornamental palm. It reaches upto 50 to 80 feet making a bottle like shape. Seeds are small and round in shape having brown in colour. The germination of seeds may take 30 to 45 days, even a few more time depending on tempreture.
The seeds are used generally for germination purpuses for making new plants. Besides, it is used as a sourse of oil and for livestock feed. Leaves are used in villages for thaching and wood for construction.
- Soak the seeds in clean water for atleast 36 to 48 hours.
- Then take the seeds out of water and mix a pinch of fungicide on it.
- Now prepare the bed of sand. Take 70% sand and 30% compost. Mix well and fill a pot having proper drainage.
- Then scatter the seeds over it and cover the seeds with same sand lightly.
- Keep the pot in semi shade area.