Botanical Name: Hyophorbe Verschaffeltii
Germination Percentage: 90 to 95%
Viability: 1 Year
Harvesting time: March — April
Spindle palm is the most elegant palm in palm species. It is widely cultivated as a decorative ornamental palm. The trunk of the palm starts to swell in the middle but becomes thinner with age making it attractive in looks. It reaches upto 6 meters of height.
The fruits of spindle palm darken to a black colour when ripe. The seeds are also light black in colour.
- Soak in water for atleast 24 hours in clean water.
- Then put it on bed made of sand (70%) and compost (30%).
- Cover the seeds with thin layer of sand.
- Keep the pot in semi shade area or in net-shade.
- It generally taken 30 to 40 days to germinate depending on tempreture.